Hiking no longer has its followers!
The Pays des Achards has developed 26 hiking trails. 230 km of marked trails are available to you, young and old, for your sports practice or your desire for a walk.
- Find here the best-of hiking ideas tested and approved by our expert Lucie, from the family course to the more sporty, through the educational course to the most original!
The hiking trail guide
Available at the price of 5 € (at the Tourist Office or on order below), it groups together on a global map the 26 routes labeled by the French Hiking Federation which are in the Pays des Achards. You can search by geographical area and by walking time. On each sheet, the routes consist of a map and a detailed description to accompany you step by step.
Le Vendée Hiking Guide 2023 is available free of charge at the Tourist Office. 58 trails, including 23 "favourites" ❤️”, were selected by the Vendée Department and the Vendée Hiking Committee.
The coup de ❤️ du Pays des Achards is attributed to that of the Valley of the Chive at the Girouard but you can also find the trails of Auzance, The Boere, The Liere, Le coudray et the hillsides of the lake !
The FFRandonnée Vendée
All our trails, from 3 to 20 km, are labeled by the French Hiking Federation. This label imposes qualitative criteria on our trails such as:
- Landscape and heritage interests,
- A maximum of natural coating (40% tar maximum).
- A quality concerning the maintenance and the beaconing.
The FFRandonnée Vendée is the relay for the projects of the French Federation of Hiking and the interlocutor of the departmental authorities.
Its missions revolve around 3 main axes:
- Develop hiking in the Vendée, including in its sporting practice
- Contribute to safeguarding the environment and paths
- Promoting green tourism and leisure